Friday, March 2, 2012

One more try....

After fighting with the 30+lbs that I carry around, I wonder if I'll ever win the fight.  My expectations have been of those I would get when I was in my 20's.  Now at 41, almost 42 I'm trying to do it the right way.  They say, eating the right foods, and exercise is the only way.  I know we all hear it, but when did the whole starve myself and loose 10 not work, when did the all you can eat buffet decide to hitch a ride on my thighs happen?  In my 30's they warned us the it gets harder when you hit 40,  and ooh boy it has happened.  I'm one that thinks, out of sight/out of mind, and yea, that won't happen to me attitude.  I WAS WRONG!   I now know that it is harder to loose after 40,  and it will take longer to come off.

 Do we set ourselves up to fail or does society.  The whole idea of seeing celebrities pop-up and have lost 80 lbs. (seems like overnight) What?????  It seems so instant, and makes me wonder how do they do it.  How about that weight loss show that 300+ lb people are loosing 10,15 or even 20lbs a week.  I know they are much worse off than I, but I sends a message that 2lbs a week is not enough.  After awhile I just get on the couch eat my ice cream, and think they are amazing to be so brave to put it all out there for everybody to see. 

My name is Susan, and go by Mrs.Z.  At 5'1" and weighing164lbs is not real good.  My goal is 130, and that is realistic.  I started this new journey on Feb. 22nd and I'm going to do it the "right way", eat right & exercise!  My cousin A introduced me to WW,pp program.  I have not joined, but she has given me the tools to get started.  I find myself eating healthy, and enjoy cooking new things.  I also started walking on my treadmill (that I had to have last year).  I watch my gossip shows, and the time just flies by!
I do like to see that I power walk for at least 2+miles everyday.

I weigh myself on Wed.'s and in the 1st week I lost 3lbs.  WOOHOO!  I'm learning to take it & love it!   I have not run into any struggles with this new program of mine.  If I do, I will deal with it when it comes. 

Failure = I've tried it, and it didn't work, so move on try something else.  I feel good this time, and I'm letting some of the stress and expectations go.  I have to do this the right way, no matter how long it takes!!! 

Join me on this journey and we will do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment